Somewhere Over the Rainbow
*Sunday, Muddy Sunday*
By all accounts, Altanta Pride 2005 went off without a hitch. The guys were hot, the drinks never stopped flowing and for the second year in a row (that I know of) it rained. Last year, the heavens opened up and it poured rain during the parade. You haven't laughed until you've seen thousands of gay men running in every direction because they didn't want to mess up their hair. This year, a steady, light mist persisted for most of Sunday. That resulted in two things: lesbians in ponchos and mud puddles. The mud was everywhere. I wore a pair of baggy jeans that day. They're the kind where you find yourself stepping on the cuffs all day. Needless to say, the bottoms are now all muddy. But I still looked good! I've posted a couple of pics from this weekend below.
*Top Five Things Overheard at Pride*
1) Would you like that 'biggie sized'?
2) That's sure is a life-like parade float. Oh wait, it's Rosie O'Donnell.
3) Noooo, really, I'm sure the your room at the Super 8 near the airport rocks.
4) Oh my God, do you see that? He is totally wearing a shirt from the SPRING Abercrombie and Fitch line. Hellooooo... it's SUMMER!
5) For the tenth time, NO, I don't want to make out with you, Clay Aiken.
*The More You Know...*
You should probably avoid a shot of something called 'liquid cocaine'. You should absolutely avoid three shots of something called 'liquid cocaine'.
Coming Up... A penny saved.